The following websites are provided as a resource for our referring doctors. This page contains hyperlinks to World Wide Web sites that are created and maintained by other organizations. We have included these links because we think that our referring doctors may find them of interest. Keep in mind that Capital Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery does not necessarily endorse the views expressed on these websites. Also, we do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information presented on these sites.
MedicineNet – Content-rich commercial site includes interactive groups, ask-the-doctor feature, medical dictionary, comprehensive drug information, medical news, disease-specific information, and links.
Medscape – Searchable commercial collection of full-text articles from such useful sources as the National Institutes of Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Oncolink – Huge collection of cancer information and links based at the University of Pennsylvania. The best starting place found for cancer information.
Healio – Physician maintained commercial database of annotated health links. Oriented toward medical professionals, but accessible to an educated lay person. A keyword search gets you to a subject index, from which you navigate to the links you want.
- American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons – find information about oral and maxillofacial surgery including cancer, dental implants, sports safety, jaw surgery, and more.
- American Dental Association (national, state and local organizations) – Founded in 1859, the American Dental Association is the oldest and largest national dental society in the world. Since then, the ADA has grown to become the leading source of oral health related information for dentists and their patients.
- Washington State Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons – As a state component of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS), we strive to meet and exceed the standards set forth by AAOMS and duly represent the profession in Washington state.
- Baylor Oral and Maxillofacial Alumni Association – The Alumni Association is alive and well. Alumni are reconnecting with each other through our services and events. Giving back, Moving forward.
- TCU Letterman’s Association – Teamwork. Achieving goals. Exceeding expectations. Winning. Earning a Degree. These are all components of the student-athlete experience at TCU. The TCU Lettermen’s Association makes sure that the winning continues.